Poster Mcposty
Keep motivated! Empty Keep motivated!

MotionM

MotionM
Poster Mcposty
Poster Mcposty
Poster Mcposty
^,^
Let's face it, we're all busy with real life stuff and sometimes don't have the time to work on our projects down here in cyberspace, or even in the real life. Let's group together and keep motivated and inspired.

What are you working on?
What's keeping you from doing it?
What's a way we can help you to stay motivated?

Posting something inspiring works too.

Starting small is all it takes. Short term goals lead to long term goals eventually!

I myself have probably 20+ books I want to read, physical and digital copies, all lying around on my bookshelf and nightstand.
What's keeping me is probably being tired from work and doing small stuff on the web that's probably not that productive, like TV or social media.
I myself, even in nervous situations, look at quotes until I find one that hits me hard. Bruce Lee quotes work stupendously. I even found a shirt at the superstore of Bruce Lee that says "Fear is for others".

Doing small stuff helps me feel accomplished, like I wanted to keep track of my money more so I just started a notebook of money I have at the end of the day and tips gained and what I bought. Sure I could count the money, which I already do, but it makes me feel better about myself... somehow.
Poster Mcposty
signature
Poster Mcposty
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l3s9sn0nmkaxmy7/Lrut_zZyWd http://motionmreview.blogspot.com/ https://twitter.com/_motionm
Qeo Re: Keep motivated! 21/4/2014, 11:43 pm
Qeo
"we're all busy with real life stuff"

Not me!
G@MeF@Ce Re: Keep motivated! 22/4/2014, 2:04 pm
G@MeF@Ce
@M - I haven't had a day off in about a week and a half... this thursday & friday I have off and I look forward to working on a few projects here Cool

what keeps me motivated? heck this topic ^,^
MotionM Re: Keep motivated! 25/4/2014, 8:21 pm
MotionM
Good to hear GF!

I might start getting back into graphic design a bit and Photoshop.

Some long term goals that I want to make into short term goals currently are:
Learn Korean - I have a book here but too busy or tired to memorize even the simple alphabet.
Become better with Code - Mostly HTML/CSS. I know there is Code Academy, but that seems to focus more on the basics, which I have down even though I do need a refresher sometimes. Is there a place to test or learn more advanced tutorials of HTML/CSS that's like Code Academy?

What is everyone else working on or hoping to work on eventually?
Tony Starks Uncle Re: Keep motivated! 4/8/2014, 5:17 pm
Tony Starks Uncle
The cry's of children keep me motivated. ...

handy333 Re: Keep motivated! 4/8/2014, 6:44 pm
handy333
Fallout New Vegas, I don't know why but I just love that game. It keeps me going!
Qeo Re: Keep motivated! 5/8/2014, 4:06 am
Qeo
What keeps me motivated? The lack of originality in games today. I make games that I would enjoy.

When I was a kid, we had Mario 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 for example.

And now? New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, New Super Mario Bros 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii u, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Final Fantasy 13.

Sure I just listed the most unoriginal recent mario games, but even Super Mario 3D world [stupid name] didn't do it for me.

Unfortunately this site isn't the RPGMakerific site I thought it was - seriously what is anyone besides me and Gameface making? We need to find the time to try out each others work and encourage each other - that is the best motivation.
G@MeF@Ce Re: Keep motivated! 7/8/2014, 6:11 am
G@MeF@Ce
Qeo wrote:What keeps me motivated? The lack of originality in games today. I make games that I would enjoy.

Amen to that!

Qeo wrote:Unfortunately this site isn't the RPGMakerific site I thought it was - seriously what is anyone besides me and Gameface making?
I'm guessing some of us have no motivation or maybe too busy with school or work to make anything.

Qeo wrote:We need to find the time to try out each others work and encourage each other - that is the best motivation.

YES!

what's been motivating me is the need for freedom.
Sponsored content Re: Keep motivated! 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled