C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
#1 Another small short story Empty Another small short story

BluE

BluE
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
I wrote this in reply to a challenge by a friend to write a story with based on five words;Hat, House, Road, Blonde and flame, in under 30 mins.
It may symbolise whatever you like. Enjoy.

Thunder boomed overhead as rain lashed down from the heavens. People in the city hurried into the cover of their homes to shelter from the storm. They busied past a small corner on a street, unaware of a small, blonde haired boy that huddled on the cobblestone footpath that lead into a shadowed alleyway. The boy was crying, tears falling from his eyes like the rain from the dark grey sky. He had no home like the people that hurried past him. His house had been consumed by fire and flame along with the rest of his family in the Great London fire which still burnt in the distance across the river. He was alone. He longed for someone to notice him, for someone to come and take him away from his despair. Wind howled down the alleyway, chilling the boy to the bone. He curled into a tight ball trying to keep the cold at bay.

“Hello?”

The boy looked up. There was a figure standing there, not too far away from him. From his silhouette he could tell the man was wearing a top hat, perhaps he was of higher class. Perhaps he could help. The man walked into the light of a nearby lamp-post. The boy could see now that the man was wearing a crumpled, torn and dirty top hat, as well as equally dirty jacket, trousers, and dress shoes. The boy stiffened in fear. Who was this strange man? The stranger seemed familiar somehow.
The stranger stared at him then gave a little gasp.

“Joshua, is that you?”

The boy, Joshua, crawled backwards a bit into the alleyway. How did the man know his name?

“Don’t you remember me?”

Joshua crawled to his feet and through the cold rain and howling wind, saw the haggard face of the man. He had light brown eyes and a generous amount of stubble. Joshua only knew one person that looked like this man.

“I’m your uncle Joshua, Uncle Charlie, remember?”
“Uncle Charlie!”

It was true. Joshua ran and hugged his uncle. It was a miracle that he had survived.

“What happened to Mother and Father?”
“I don’t know. “

Uncle Charlie looked down.

“Come now, Joshua. Let’s go home.”

C.O.R.N.
Show Signature
C.O.R.N.
http://51s-seedy-masteroogway.blogspot.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled