PLAY with CODES
PLAY with PROJECTS
keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should I run this competition?

The Apple Tree Competition - Page 6 Empty100%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 6 Empty 100% [ 1 ]
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 6 Empty0%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 6 Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Touched by Putin
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 6 Empty The Apple Tree Competition

Onesimus

Onesimus
Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
^,^
To All members of the underground!
I would like to hold an official competition between the members of Gameface101.
On this thread every week I will post a general logic/ knowledge question.
For one week all participants will have a chance to discus and argue their opinions bellow.
Once you have made up you'r mind post "ANSWER: 'place final answer here.'" (please be specific)
The people with the correct answer will receive credit. For actively discussing you will also receive credit. You could always use Google but that ruins the fun Smile
At the end of the week I will post the answer, and a tally of everyone's credit rating.
Every three weeks I will send the user with the most credit $10AU worth of game credit
(RP, or any other such game credits)

If you have any Questions please ask. Also please vote in the poll as to whether I should run this competition? If you have suggestions post below Smile

!!!Post Segment of FAME!!!
(Past Competition winners that have shown an acute and up to date knowledge of science trivia)

-MotionM
-Mr_wiggles

Last Tri-week comp WINNER: MotionM
This Tri-week comp winner: Mr_wiggles

Tally:

MotionM: 0cr
Mr wiggles: 1cr For Discussion
BluE: 3cr Best Answer
GameFace: 2cr Correct Answer
BlizzardVet: 0cr

Announcement
Unfortunately the prize money scheme will have to stop for some time.

Question for This Week:
Why do two objects with the same shape and size but different weight hit the ground at the same time if dropped from the same height? An example would be dropping two different weighted bowling balls from 5 metres.

!!!This will be edited every week with the new question a tally of your CR!!!
Touched by Putin
signature
Touched by Putin
BliZZvET Re: The Apple Tree Competition 7/5/2012, 11:04 pm
BliZZvET
higher... peroid
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 8/5/2012, 4:47 pm
mr_wiggles
@Onesimus- you should make the question show up in the first post so we don't have to keep flipping threw pages to look at it. Smile

I say that when your approaching the object the sound frequencies get lower, and when you pass the object, they get higher. Not sure why, but just seems like that might be the right answer. :p
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 14/5/2012, 3:39 am
Onesimus
Guys sorry for the late post:

Question and tally for this week will be edited into the original post as suggested by wiggles. I am hoping this will make it more convenient.

Answer: The sound frequencies would be more frequent when running toward the object and lower when running from the object. Because you are either running into the sound wave or away from it making it higher or lower comparing to a stand still position.

mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 14/5/2012, 8:04 am
mr_wiggles
because they are just with in the gravitational pull of earth, and the forces of gravity are so minute that they don't feel them.
MotionM Re: The Apple Tree Competition 14/5/2012, 8:10 am
MotionM
"Why are astronaut's weightless in space when in orbit around the earth?"

There is no gravitational force in space unless there would be a random spot of gravitation in space or on a planet.
G@MeF@Ce Re: The Apple Tree Competition 14/5/2012, 11:41 am
G@MeF@Ce
@astronauts - they actually still have weight, it’s just that they are "free fallling" due to the distance from the earth’s mass, the gravitational force is not as strong.
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 15/5/2012, 4:10 am
Onesimus
@ wiggles you say its so minute (gravitational pull) then how come the moon stays in orbit? It is far further away than the close to earth orbit that the astronauts are in. Have a think Smile
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 15/5/2012, 4:58 am
BluE
The astronauts are still in orbit of earth, just there isn't anything holding them down so they float around and sh!t.
So...there is gravity, just nothing that...uh...
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 15/5/2012, 4:25 pm
mr_wiggles
its strong enough to keep things in orbit but minute enough that it isn't felt.
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 15/5/2012, 5:52 pm
BluE
Does it count as cheating if we research it?
Sponsored content Re: The Apple Tree Competition 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled