keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 2 of 2]

ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#11 Seiken Densetsu 3 Rips By San - Page 2 Empty Re: Seiken Densetsu 3 Rips By San

Locomule

Locomule
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
@G@MeF@Ce - If you think it needs to be split, please do so. I'm still pretty clueless around here at the moment.
As for my RPG system, it got as far as functional map editing before I hit the limitations of the Scratch application. It was purely for self enjoyment anyway, as are pretty much all Scratch projects. It is a learning app, not a release platform. It is also for 2d applications, although people have begun doing simple 3d stuff anyway. I found a clone of Castle Wolfenstein today that was pretty much the best 3d I have seen there so far.
The beauty of Scratch is that it uses code blocks instead of crazy syntax like C++, etc. It lacks a lot on the horsepower end, but for anyone interested in learning to make simple games, I would recommend no other starting point. The routines you learn there will apply universally to any language you decide to learn later.
For me, life intervened and I wandered away from Scratch for a while. I now run a Stencyl Users help page on Facebook (very much like an evolved version of Scratch.) But Scratch has since gone through a major update and I have returned. I started out trying to report a bug/solution I found today and wound up becoming an editor for the Scratch Wiki, lol.
The thing about Scratch is that it is easy to learn and amazingly fast to work in. You can prototype simple games and routines much easier than any other app I've seen, and I've been around since before the first Pong games hit the streets. Here is a slot machine I have been working on. My plan is to get all the bling working, then go back and add standard RPG elements to it like character creation, stats, quests, monsters to battle, etc.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is my old RPG system that I abandoned...

Just between us Gameheads, I recently did some experiments and determined that the project is now do-able. I have begun a new version but it is not shared publicly at the moment. The big issue at the moment is that I'd prefer to make a fully scrolling tile graphics system, but Scratch's limitations would force me to leave out too many features. So I'm probably just gonna go with a screen-switching technique like in my old version.

Lastly, if anyone ever is interested in Scratch and has a question, I'm your guy. Or if anyone has a tileset drawn and would like to see in action, I can crank out a simple mapping app in a day or less. My Scratch page has around 80 apps and most of them are simple game routines I made for other people to learn from. Hit me up.
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled