keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 2 of 3]

EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#11 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
np, scripting is fun, one of these winters, (i have loads more free time then) i was thinking about a scripting tut, i feel like it can be taught in like 10 steps when explained in a way that makes you think of the syntax as a tool and not a foreign language. :p
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#12 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mchallin

ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
i forget winter has passed.. uk weather seems stuck in winter mode! Sad

wish i could understand scripting better, ive played around with xas abs for so long now i guess i thought i'd be able to figure it out...a script tut would be awesome one day!

any chance you show me how to do the fix you posted me?
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#13 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
ok i re-read the first script again, i think this will work.

crtl+shot+f script data base search for XAS_SKILL::WEP_ID_TOOL

when you find it, add this in its place.
XAS_SKILL::WEP_ID_TOOL["the item.id or what ever"] in XAS you wanna check for item.action_id

Code:

if item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon) and !item.action_id.nil?
XAS_SKILL::WEP_ID_TOOL["origional info"]
else
XAS_SKILL::WEP_ID_TOOL[item.action_id]
end

i noticed that i do infact save the tool id in the item data, but never draw on it for xas. so by checking if the item has ".action_id" will determan wether its a random weapon or not and what data to load. Not tested but sounds solid. :p

[edit] Yea this wasnt "solid" lol :p
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#14 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mchallin

ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
Thanks for the feedback dude. Im still struggling to get it to work though, not totally sure i've put that fix in good either! confused

think i'll leave it for now...i need wayyy more scripting knowledge!
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#15 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
Are you any good with events in RMXP? The commands that tell an event what to do are very much like how scripts work.

like what i typed above is simply a conditional branch.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#16 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mchallin

ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
I'm not too shabby with events, but its more a case of trial and error...the long way of learning with me lol! I've been using:

if item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon) and !XASITEM_ID.nil?
XAS_SKILL::WEAPON_ID_TOOL[wep_data.id] = tool if xas_xr
else
XAS_SKILL::WEAPON_ID_TOOL[XASITEM_ID] = tool if xas_xr
end

i keep getting undefined local variable for 'item'...

ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#17 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
Where did you put it at? and you wont need "if xas_xr" because you already know the script is being used with xas so there is no need.

That conditional branch should be in the Game_Player class edit in XAS. use crtl+shift+f to use the class database search to find XAS_SKILL::WEAPON_ID_TOOL.

You'll get it, once your past the bumps things are much easier. I'd recommend that you check out some advanced event tutorials too.

Now reading error messages and interpreting their meaning helps a lot as well. The one you got that states it cant find a varriable or call method for "item". Meaning where the script call was located "item" was not defined yet.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#18 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mchallin

ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
I've got it in XAS battler 1, the 'Check Equipment ID' section...

ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#19 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
I dont have XAS on my computer :/ havent got back to downloading it after i lost quite a bit of data. (Everything but my ABS and Outbreak beta) There where scripts that where in progress and such but alas time move on.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#20 Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiggles Random Weapon Generator (RMXP)

mchallin

ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ah damn..can i send it you or anything?
ooo ABS and Outbreak beta? Smile
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next