Poster Mcposty
RPGXP Original Game contest Empty RPGXP Original Game contest

MotionM

MotionM
Poster Mcposty
Poster Mcposty
Poster Mcposty
^,^
This is a community game in which anyone who wants to participate will have 1 week to make a game and they will be judged. I don't currently have any prizes but I think it will help raise the community better.

In order for this contest to work I will need the names of anyone who wants to participate and anyone who wants to judge (2-3 people). After I get the names then I will set a date (Proabably April 9th-16th)

Rules: Be original. You can use an ABS and others artwork but the story must be original.
You can make a movie, music video, RPG, or even a side-scroller.

This can also help to not be bored. Razz

Poster Mcposty
signature
Poster Mcposty
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l3s9sn0nmkaxmy7/Lrut_zZyWd http://motionmreview.blogspot.com/ https://twitter.com/_motionm
BluE Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 5/4/2012, 12:09 am
BluE
only 1 week.....hmm...I could make a really incomplete game...
so this is like "GIAW" from RMRK?
G@MeF@Ce Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 5/4/2012, 1:23 am
G@MeF@Ce
I love contests! @M\'s trade mark thx for doing this Cool you have my full support so let me know how I can help ^,^

I'm very close to releasing TWO demos that I've been working on every moment I get a chance, one is the new xplat (the xas side scrolling platformer) and the other is a space shooter/intro to the bloodlines project which runs an edited version of XAS similar to Moghunter's fantastic journey. Maybe we could use these as starter kits (or even the other g101 kits) to make some original games? I could offer support and be on the panel of judges.

@Blue - RMRK ~ gameface now that's a kit I haven't played with in years,
I recall years ago applying to be a judge there for a GIAW and it turned into drama from some 'brat with special access' hating on my 1337 (leet) then started screwing with my reputation points and ultimately editing my posts! wtf? LOLZ

Some of my defending posts were removed by the admin/mods, pm'z of support were showing up in my inbox for not putting up with that 'negative-fun' ~iykwim

still I got nominated for biggest drama whore by some @$$o
(didn't win heh) I did learn a lot through meeting modern algebra, albertfish, and the one and only mr_wiggles, cardboard square (flapbat) and a few other quality people.

Oh I just had to share that and put that on record ^,^

Well instead of GIAW ~ game in a week, can we make it more like tweak a kit and make it original within a certain amount of time = TAKAMIOWACAOT ? Razz
BluE Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 5/4/2012, 2:32 am
BluE
G@MeF@Ce wrote:TAKAMIOWACAOT ? Razz
Take out the "WACAOT" and it'll sound japanese.
Yeah you said earlier that you had some difficulty with the RMRK crowd before....

If I do enter this, it'll be a quick game with no custom sprites or scripts...
MotionM Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 5/4/2012, 4:15 pm
MotionM
@Blue: No idea what GIAW is so I googled it. Is it Genital Integrity Awareness Week? LOL

EDIT: Found it Lol

So, yes. A GIAW.

At first I wanted to say to be able to use custom (original) sprites and scripts but I figured that not everyone can do animations sprites and script except for a few. But if you can and want to use original stuff then go ahead. Smile

@GF: I'm sure we could do both of Tweaking a kit and a GIAW. I lost all knowledge of all RPGXP and stuff so I have no idea what a kit would consist of. :S
MotionM Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 5/4/2012, 8:40 pm
MotionM
Also, want to make it clear (will also edit the OP).
You have to start a new project starting the day of the contest. (I'm thinking of starting this next Monday because of my Spring Break and I'm doing nothing that week).
You can make a movie, music video, RPG, side-scroller, etc.
MotionM Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 7/4/2012, 7:34 pm
MotionM
Anyone else want to participate? Might hold this April 9th.
GeMinEye Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 8/4/2012, 8:56 pm
GeMinEye
I will, I will try my luck with Earth Quaker. Razz

Spoiler:

Just kidding, a new one eh? Ok, I am going to kill it. Wink
MotionM Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 8/4/2012, 10:20 pm
MotionM
Looks good actually Gemini. The maps are really good.
MotionM Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 10/4/2012, 10:17 pm
MotionM
Okay. I will now decide the times:

April 14th is when it will start and it will end on April 21st.

I live on the EST Time zone so if it's Saturday where you live compared to my time (like blue, in australia) then you can start it on your Saturday (My friday) but it will still end in 1 week times.
Sponsored content Re: RPGXP Original Game contest 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled