View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
#1 Prometheus Concept Empty Prometheus Concept

Onesimus

Onesimus
Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
In the movie Prometheus in one of the scenes a bio-robotic humanoid has a conversation with one of the main characters about the beginning of life.

The most interesting things about the conversation to me was when the robot asked something along the lines of:

-So why did you humans create me?
-Because we could...
-It would be disappointing to hear that as an answer from your creators.

I write this because it seems that today science is doing so many things just because 'they can' or it simply seems like that to me.

So what is your opinion? Do you think this exploration of our boundaries with out the full understanding of the consequences could lead to something irreversible? Or do you think that this is the path to development and innovation??

alien alien alien alien
Touched by Putin
Show Signature
Touched by Putin
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#2 Prometheus Concept Empty Re: Prometheus Concept

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
You always hear those lines of motivation that in order to persevere one must have sacrifice. An equal exchange of energy in a trading fashion of give and take. It seems like many advancements have taken place over many of the years. Corn can be grown 3 inches closer due to GMO's but those same GMO companies threaten not the environment but the lively hood of generations of farmers using seed handed down threw time. See GMO is a copy write, and if you happen to have a field next to a neighbor with GMO and like all plants pollination takes place due to a simple unstoppable cross wind that seed in the non GMO field is now GMO and because its copy righted if the farmer doesn't throw the seed away he risks losing his farm to the company that made the seed.

Another point is Global warming, which science backed as fact. The main reason was hair spray, CFCs where eating the ozone. A simpler propellant we thought harmless. Or Teflon cook wear, we never new that stuff was going to flake off into your morning eggs. We didn't know that eating an explosive agent as a sweetener would carry health risks either.

I think that the world is evolving at a rapid rate, perhaps too fast for some tech concepts or "wounder" materials. Most of items now a days have a concept put into a product in a matter of a few months to a year and its on a shelf.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]