Global Moderator
Global Moderator
#1 Lost Transmission Empty Lost Transmission

swoop

swoop
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
The sound of mud sucking at the air and the putrid smell of the swamp bog rushed my senses.

Pulling at my attentions firmly, as i awoke from yet another lucid day dream. My head blurred and

i struggled to regain focus fending off fatigue again. Loosing my balance, I threw a clumsy

automated step forward into the sludge, swallowed whole by the infernal muck that surrounded our

unit for miles. Days hadpassed, since the last skirmish with local inhabitants leaving us at a

feeble ten of fifty.
Living shadows of some sorts with bodiless eyes of a brooding crimson and multi appendage

forms. Able towield the very moonlight that ominously illuminates everything around us, as weapon

and shield. Blinding greenish flashes that seem to rip apart the fabric of night, streaking down

in sudden death, followed by surprised screams of anguish through our comms.. Then seamlessly

vanishing back into the gloom about us. We've battled them off several times before. Each time

loosing a portion of the squad. Suffering costly trial and error as we found our plasma bayonets

and flash bombs were the only success thwarting the assailants. Tirelessly we marched on.
We received weak intelligence at best. Just a short week before in Cryo-sleep as we landed on

the dark side of Targus. The second moon of Remos, the fourth largest planet of one of the main

systems in the Gem-Eye Quadrant. Infamously known part of space for having endless caches of raw

untouched mines of vast untold riches. Diamonds, ore, gold, utonium, you name it, it was there.

We were a black raider company, commissioned for a simple search and recover gig. Drop and pop

over to some lost probe beacon, and *caaaacching!* A years pay for a third of the time, heavier

pockets are always a bonus! I figured it was about the "Spaced traversed" hence, why we were

charging so much.
Previous expeditions were only sanctioned to go into the first twenty percent of G.Q.. Where

it was explored and deemed void of all hostile life by the Marshalls' of Eminent. A bad-ass squad

of royally appointed Terminators. And the next best thing was us, a group of mercenaries seeking

profitable endeavors. without any legal bindings We were hired to travel about a fort-night

deeper into the G.Q. unknown. With only the slightest probability of conflict. Previous scouting

indicated a very small threat if any. Possible claim jumpers, rogue militants and/or some

pirates. I prefer all three, it makes it all the merrier when they turn on each other in panic.
Hysteria would've been easier. Our predicament had me blinded with rage making me relish the

moments where my subconscious replayed over the future dealings of my sweet revenge! Inflicting

onto the fool who signed and approved the contracton this one. I should of known better when my

instincts went ape-shot, on vague rumors of the night coming alive and the moonlight burning

skin. Elaborate ghost stories meaning to dissuade any space travellers looking to score big on

some undocumented dig site. What any of us wouldn't of paid out at that time for a little fore-

sight into this hair-brained operation. Where we stood only a couple miles from the felled

beacon. With rationed supplies and a low oxygen reserve.
Preparing for an inevitable clash from our vicious hosts. Highly aggressive up until then

with guerrilla strikes and ambush tactics. We assumed the next one to be something a little of

the same. But My instincts were starting to fire off on all sides and consider me a quick

learner. The lunar night grew increasingly quiet, eerily still. The hair on my arms pricked out

and wormed about my skin in the little faux gravity my suit created. The circle formed up in
seasoned rhythm, shrinking in radius. As the chill of battle rippled through the remaining squad.

The air tingled with anticipation and we slowed to an ankle deep relief in the trek. A long

minute followed, slugging by as we steadied our breaths.
At first, I figured my heart that was racing to be the source, a low vibration from my feet,

to a wobblingin the knees. Perhaps adrenaline to be the cause, of my stomach absently clenching

and my back building with energy.I assumed the best until, my mecha-suit sensors registered the

worst. A booming thunder rolled over us like a powerballstadium cheering with the force of

thirty-thousand fanatics. Centered just about a half a kilometer in the direction of,
of course, our destination. My visor rattled under the sonar onslaught from some really

freakishly huge, unknown. I almost lost my footing again, but oddly the mud held me up this time.

I motioned a hand signaled to the front four, two on either side of me rushed into action, with a

quick burst they took flight, followed by fire in rapid succession launching the flash bombs

flying toward the faceless doom.
One popped a few hundred meters early, above a small copse of gnarled swamp trees. Melting

away a part of the depth less night. A silent jab into the face of the heavyweight to come. After

that, two popped within a couple seconds in between. One reaching a little farther than the first

and then the third being closer to the distance my suit registered. Leaving the detonating area a

tad lighter shade of greenish grey with another scattering of the moon night creatures. The final

one, taking a graceful space roll-bounce about a hundred meters after, almost directly at the

epicenter. Coming to rest intoa small dip in the landscape.
An hour-like moment passed before the flash bomb blazed into glory. Revealing a ribcage-like

form of what seemed to be a living mountain of swamp bog, murk and trees. A substantial mass of

pure blackness pressing back at the flash bomb with noticable effort. Finally crashing down with

an earth shattering force swallowing the lightsource whole. Making the rest of us instinctively

take flight. Blood pounded in my head and my heart beat even faster in my chest. I scanned the

horizon and notice it starting to flicker with crimson speckles of light. Hundreds of sinister

eyes glared back in unison, silently conveying our deaths. Instantly wishing for a different
turn of events.
We floated there anxiously; exhausted, stranded, outnumbered and blocked from our escape, i

figured it couldnt get any worse? Right?. Maybe if I were a lucky man, but as usual the karmic

forces of the universe work against me. When ever it can, and will, and always more than what

degree of worse i think of. Just as i figured we could probably make one last stand, a hundred

to one , managable odds. The ground beneath us violently split open and several mud geyser

exploded into life! Spraying the muck and bog in every direction imaginable.
Noxious gas clouded the air, making our mecha-suits toxicity sensors overload. The murky ground

cover started to flow in small streams. Toward the speckled sea of crimson and the growing living

mountain of darkness. All around us the swampy landscape groaned and shrieked in protest, as if

the very life was being sucked out of it. The soldiers were getting restless, and one by one,

set their plasma bayonets a flame! Casting a fierce glow upon thecoming swarm of living night. As

if in response to our battle cry, everything seem to stop. Like an eye of a storm, an unfamiliar

calm settled over the coming battlefield, within a span of a few seconds all the speckles of eye

light twinkled out and blackest curtain of night decended upon us. I breathed a few calming words

on the comm, and held our position. The very next moment another blood curdling roar, echoed its

presence, and three enormous eyes of crimson blazed into all its alien magnificence! The

radiating heat alone had us rocking back, stealing our breaths! No less that five-hundred meters

away, three demonic looking pupils focus their attention, and glowered in fury upon us.
At that very moment, i did what any ones instincts would tell them to do... I ran!

feedback please! Smile
Global Moderator
Show Signature
Global Moderator
http://creatureofopinions.blogspot.com/
Administrator
Administrator
#2 Lost Transmission Empty Re: Lost Transmission

G@MeF@Ce

G@MeF@Ce
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
- now that's what I'm talking about! good stuff bro! ^,^

other than proper indent and paragraphs,

this was well written from the introduction
to the "three-eyed" cliffhanger at the end.
I am so impressed! You're off to a great start!

Now this would be something I would like to have
as an audio book with with a tough sounding narrator
and spacey sound effects in the background.
with the perfect piece of art as the album cover.

more I say... the suspense is already taking affect on me.
aaarrrgghh!
pirat
Administrator
Show Signature
Administrator
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47rig99qhrvn8s/4m5HvsM2fD http://g4m3f4c3.deviantart.com https://www.facebook.com//pages/Gameface101/332331300127008 https://twitter.com//mr_gameface101 https://soundcloud.com/schurr https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameface101?feature=watch
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#3 Lost Transmission Empty Re: Lost Transmission

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
As i said, i read it.

I enjoyed the this story, its suspenseful, the end leaves me wanting to read about what happened after he started to run. The details that went into the story are great, i get clear pictures in my mind of this mining operation on a foreign planet.

*awaits next chapter*
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
#4 Lost Transmission Empty Re: Lost Transmission

swoop

swoop
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
bro.. its rough rough rough draft.. like v.2 ! its tough competition out here with gemini leading the rest of the pack with some solid story telling! im trying to keep with the space feel!

wiglet!!.. much appreciated! its very helpful to know that you guys can picture what i picture!!!

thank you both
Smile
Global Moderator
Show Signature
Global Moderator
http://creatureofopinions.blogspot.com/
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#5 Lost Transmission Empty Re: Lost Transmission

eggburnz

eggburnz
ACTIVATED