View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 3]

WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
#1 Story ideas/feedback Empty Story ideas/feedback

Cardboard Square

Cardboard Square
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
Anyone want to discuss their story ideas or lack thereof? Not that I claim to be an expert, but I'd be willing to set up a time to hop into the chatroom with anyone who is interested.

If you want to do the chatroom, throw down a couple of times you are available. I am free mostly Mondays and Wednesdays in the evening Pacific Standard Time.

Follow this link to figure out what time it is for me in your own time zone: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-CS
WORDSMITH
Show Signature
WORDSMITH
||||||||||
||||||||||
#2 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

supercow

supercow
||||||||||
||||||||||
hmmm Neutral my story is about a badass punk who only knows how to fight, until one day hes badly hurt and helped by some girl (he only hear her voice since hes badly hurt ) pale
the story revolve about finding the girl and learn things other than fighting Cool
im mostly focus on map and dating system now , havent made progress in story Razz wonder if i should make the hero miserable (found the girl but shes already got a boyfriend) then ended up helping them together cuz he want to make her happy
Sad
||||||||||
Show Signature
||||||||||
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
#3 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

BluE

BluE
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
to uh... quote myself (for the 1000000th time)
Blue wrote:that sounds a bit overused...
How about (keeping that badass punk who only knows how to fight thing) he's part of a gang and the rival gang meets them for an organised fight but secretly brings more guys to ambush them (used already I know but keep reading) the rest of his gang runs but he stops for a bit, deciding wether to fight or not because as badass as he is, he still has common sense.
The hero is miserable inside because he has nothing but the gang to live for?
C.O.R.N.
Show Signature
C.O.R.N.
http://51s-seedy-masteroogway.blogspot.com
||||||||||
||||||||||
#4 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

supercow

supercow
||||||||||
||||||||||
that seems way too serious for my game Smile (that story looks like already deep in the game)
my game main point would be comedy romance Razz
i want to make the player/hero look silly and awkward living in an environment that hes not used too Laughing and throughout the game hes doing all kinds of silly thing in the name of love Razz
||||||||||
Show Signature
||||||||||
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
#5 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

Cardboard Square

Cardboard Square
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
Ah, comedy/romance sounds like a good way to go for your story. So how believable do you want your characters to be? Sounds like you want to take characters that would otherwise be serious and make them comical because of their setting/circumstances.

Maybe the hero could have a friend who gets on his case because he got wounded and had to be rescued by a girl? The hero could then go on a quest to go regain his "honor" by doing something to impress this girl. She could totally reject him even, since he is just being a macho idiot.

My ideas aside, I like your premise for a story supercow. What else will this hero learn besides fighting? What will the lesson learned be, and who will help him learn it and how?

-CS
WORDSMITH
Show Signature
WORDSMITH
||||||||||
||||||||||
#6 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

supercow

supercow
||||||||||
||||||||||
believable? (sorry im not very good at english)
the char is a very honest and gentle person but he live in a rough environment that change him to be secluded, so his journey is not just about finding the girl but finding his own belief in the goodness in him and other ppl.
yeah i agree with you Very Happy maybe he should be killing some godly dragon Laughing i should note this ...*note* .
i already gave him some friend/sidekick/pervert to help him Razz .
i made the 'rescue' thing to be a secret that only him and the girl know cuz it would be too embarassing to tell everyone about it. Embarassed but maybe he will be open about it later in story Rolling Eyes .
hmmm the lesson.....kindda hard to describe since i havent made progress in story Very Happy .
maybe he can learn to trust more people, that there is goodness in everyone and even in himself.
||||||||||
Show Signature
||||||||||
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
#7 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

BluE

BluE
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
C.O.R.N.
nice, finally a game that isn't serious!
while the story its self is going to be funny, you have to think about humorous dialog aswell. Like typing with slang words. Or they could be serious but, as Cardboard said, is a funny situation.

supercow wrote:believable?

He means somthing like, how real life do you want your characters to be?

supercow wrote:i made the 'rescue' thing to be a secret that only him and the girl know cuz it would be too embarassing to tell everyone about it. Embarassed

What about he's rescued by the girl after being injured and everyone wonders where he disappeared to? After that
Cardboard Square wrote:a friend who gets on his case
is the sidekick because he's following the punk to find out what happened?
Maybe he wants to tell his sidekick what happened but doesn't trust him not to tell anyone?
C.O.R.N.
Show Signature
C.O.R.N.
http://51s-seedy-masteroogway.blogspot.com
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
#8 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

Cardboard Square

Cardboard Square
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
maybe he can learn to trust more people, that there is goodness in everyone and even in himself.

Perfect idea supercow. Learning to trust is something that everyone can relate to, and works well regardless of how serious the story is. The lessons the hero learns can help guide you about how the story goes. What can you think of that would teach the character to trust? Why would and wouldn't he want to trust people? Who teaches him to trust? Or does he develop the skill without explicit help from someone else?

I think your English is good Smile

-CS
WORDSMITH
Show Signature
WORDSMITH
||||||||||
||||||||||
#9 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

supercow

supercow
||||||||||
||||||||||
im going to use MONEY Smile
the setting would revolve a prestigious magic school where the girl at and would take a lot of money just to get inside. (is magic school too much predictable? other idea is the acting school Smile )
magic school = the principal is a stern wise man, funky/pervert.
acting school = a laid back principal who always tried to perform even in grave situation.
which is more interesting? Razz
i made the hero have an older sister and whenever he got money she would then take it Laughing and thought maybe his friend later would help him Wink
||||||||||
Show Signature
||||||||||
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
#10 Story ideas/feedback Empty Re: Story ideas/feedback

Cardboard Square

Cardboard Square
WORDSMITH
WORDSMITH
I like the money idea! Will enemies drop money, or will there be a limited amount of money in the game?

About the magic/acting schools... When you said magic school I immediately thought that sounded oldschool classic. Anyway, here is some feedback:

Magic School: This would give the game more of a fantasy feel. Do you want that? Also, the principal character would be pretty easy to do.

Acting School: The principal would be a harder character to pull off. With the magic school, it is easy to show that the guy is a pervert or whatever. The actor principal seems like a more subtle and refined type of funny. The humor seems much more situational.

I like both ideas. Personally, I like the character of the acting school principal more, but I think a magic school might be easier to fit into your world and story. But it doesn't really matter what I like more; it matters what you like! Why don't you try writing a scene or two for each possible scenario? Write a scene where the hero talks to someone at the acting school and another scene where he talks to someone at the magic school. Or write a scene for each possible principal. You might find that one character works a lot better than the other when you are actually working with dialog and not just ideas.

My other advice is to think about which scenario works best with your main plot. Is there a reason that an actor (the girl) would be in a position to save the hero? What about as a magician? Think about which makes best sense and which you will have more fun with.

-CS
WORDSMITH
Show Signature
WORDSMITH

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled