ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#1 Review: Destiny Empty Review: Destiny

blake001102

blake001102
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
Destiny, Destiny, Destiny. The game that was expected to change the gaming as we knew it. With its vast open world campaign, literally multiple worlds, and its grand multiplayer aspects, Destiny was hyped up to shine above all. The idea of a console game that would rival World of Warcraft was unheard of. Planning on being a single title with large expansions to make the game that much better. But sadly, this is not the case.
Destiny takes place some hundreds of years into the future, where the human race was spread so thin among the stars that we were almost wiped out in extinction. Without the help of the travel, a gigantic floating ball above Russia, we would have all died. He saves us from a mechanical race called the vex, who are determined to control the universe, ad by that i mean just our solar system. The game takes place on Earth, the moon, Venus and Mars. You play as one of the last guardians of earth, you a given a "ghost", voiced by Tyrion Lannister, who knows how to hack into literally everything. There are points where i feel like he is in control, and i am just his muscle. Anyways, on with the review.
Pros:
Destiny is a first person shooter game, and i love shooter games. but not like the normal CoD or BF or CS, this actually involved a somewhat in-depth story. But what makes the game great are the strikes, basically like dungeons in WoW. You fight through a maze of tunnels and buildings, killing mostly grunts with the occasional elite, to make a halo reference. And then you reach the mini boss, a more difficult enemy than the usual squads, and these can take some time and teamwork, but they aren't normally too tough. And then there are the boss fights, where you fight usually 1 bad a** enemy in a room with a crap ton of lesser enemies. The lesser enemies will more often than not be the reason you fail a strike, since they require immediate attention or they will kill you.
Cons:
Destiny didn't live up to many of its promises, if any actually. The open worlds have some size, but you cant leave the designated areas, and the massive amount of "invisible walls" is crazy. For example, Mars is made up of these large sand dunes, but the game creators made the game so linear you can go leave anything, even though you can see for miles. The MMO they claimed would be in here is only in one area, the hub where you get new quests and buy things from merchants. And even once you're in there, you cant communicate with people other than with 3 gestures, waving, pointing and dancing.

Overall, I put in over 150 hours of the game, but once i reached the end game, it got so repetitive, i just needed to move on to other games. I give it a 4.2 rating out of 5.
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#2 Review: Destiny Empty Re: Review: Destiny

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
IMO, i dont think i would wanna explore a desert on mars, i havent playerd destiny but i dont think i would wanna head into a baren waste land the size of a planet and have no stimulents to encounter other then dunes.

I've never played WoW, its a drug i try to avoid. -lol
But i can picture it having an intresting dungeon design system if it keeps the players coming back every day.

But playing a 'ghost' character and trying to piece the together the parts of humanity that are falling apart, weather it be from the exaustion (of war perhaps?), or the loss of hope by being so distant from one another fellow human. Surly dealing with the 'culture shock' of being on an entirerly diffrent planet would also have some affects on them as well.

I've never played this game, but i've heard mixed things, most of them are that it didnt reach its expectations. Now this could be because of the design team cutting things OR it could be because the 'hype' was so large that people created expectations TOO high for it and created disapointment before they even touched a controler.

If i ever get the chance i'll prolly try the game out, but that's if the game was to fall infornt of me. I wouldnt buy the title, I really only ever buy indie titles. Smile But if a firend has a copy of it and im around, i'd prolly ask them to check it out and hand the controler over.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled