keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 3 of 5]

||||||||||
||||||||||
#21 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

supercow

supercow
||||||||||
||||||||||
this is just event command mistake Smile
on the light1 you could see command like :
when guard is facing up
this event face up
change event location this event (004,007)
when guard is facing left
this event face left
change event location this event (002,010) [this change location seems like far away, well thats because the graphic is like that Very Happy ]
and so on.....

this would changes the location of the light, so just configure it so the light "looked like" comes from the guard Smile

The guard and The Light only connection is their exact same facing,the light is just there to make it look cool so dont worry if you touch the light and it doesnt work Razz

in the script it will tell the distance that needed for the guard to act in local switch A ( you can change it however you like)

so basicaly, the light doesnt do anything other than for show, the important thing is the distance from the guard (btw you have to put name [Avoid_Guard] in its name to function)
Smile hope it helps, if not i might make mistake somewhere Laughing
||||||||||
Show Signature
||||||||||
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#22 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
No that pretty much sums it up, nice work super cow. Smile
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
||||||||||
||||||||||
#23 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

supercow

supercow
||||||||||
||||||||||
thx mr_wiggles , but really, all i did was read the comment you already planted Laughing

oh btw i forgot to add that the only connection to guard and light is not just same facing, theres also
move event (opacity:0) from collision/switch (A) .....hmm yes i guess thats all Smile

allthough, i would prefer the guard come and catch us while the light follow and they flash the light to our face Laughing
but to do that, is it better to alter the characters graphics?
or there might be complication as the light doesnt look alive enough....hmmm......
||||||||||
Show Signature
||||||||||
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#24 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

Little Wolf

Little Wolf
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
So for "this event" I'd make it pointing to the left/right/up/down, right? So if the soldier is turning left, I change the "this event" to point left...?

Is there a way to make it so the soldiers don't need the light? I'm trying to create a little forest where you have to avoid goblins and get to the end... Surprised
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#25 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
Yea you can make it to where its not needed, but you have to make a custom character set with the light, actually if i find the time, might not be for a while, but i can change the script to just put the light on the guard automatically, my script skills have improved since i last touched this.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#26 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

Little Wolf

Little Wolf
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
Ah, so the light would have to be still on the character/used?
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#27 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
yea, however i dont think that will work because when the character turns it will mess up its location on the map, i will try to fit in a place to revisit this script for you.
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#28 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

Little Wolf

Little Wolf
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
Oh I'd really appreciate that, but I wouldn't want to be a bother.... Sad
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED
EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
#29 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

mr_wiggles

mr_wiggles
EVENTALIST
 EVENTALIST
EVENTALIST
nah its no big deal, i just got word that there is a large storm tomorrow so i will have plenty of time. :p
EVENTALIST
Show Signature
EVENTALIST
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
#30 XP - Avoid Guards (script version) - Page 3 Empty Re: XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

Little Wolf

Little Wolf
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
ACTIVATED
A storm? I hope its not too bad... :0

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, Mr. Wiggles, it really means a lot Smile
ACTIVATED
Show Signature
ACTIVATED

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled