PLAY with CODES
PLAY with PROJECTS
keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should I run this competition?

The Apple Tree Competition - Page 4 Empty100%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 4 Empty 100% [ 1 ]
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 4 Empty0%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 4 Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Touched by Putin
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 4 Empty The Apple Tree Competition

Onesimus

Onesimus
Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
^,^
To All members of the underground!
I would like to hold an official competition between the members of Gameface101.
On this thread every week I will post a general logic/ knowledge question.
For one week all participants will have a chance to discus and argue their opinions bellow.
Once you have made up you'r mind post "ANSWER: 'place final answer here.'" (please be specific)
The people with the correct answer will receive credit. For actively discussing you will also receive credit. You could always use Google but that ruins the fun Smile
At the end of the week I will post the answer, and a tally of everyone's credit rating.
Every three weeks I will send the user with the most credit $10AU worth of game credit
(RP, or any other such game credits)

If you have any Questions please ask. Also please vote in the poll as to whether I should run this competition? If you have suggestions post below Smile

!!!Post Segment of FAME!!!
(Past Competition winners that have shown an acute and up to date knowledge of science trivia)

-MotionM
-Mr_wiggles

Last Tri-week comp WINNER: MotionM
This Tri-week comp winner: Mr_wiggles

Tally:

MotionM: 0cr
Mr wiggles: 1cr For Discussion
BluE: 3cr Best Answer
GameFace: 2cr Correct Answer
BlizzardVet: 0cr

Announcement
Unfortunately the prize money scheme will have to stop for some time.

Question for This Week:
Why do two objects with the same shape and size but different weight hit the ground at the same time if dropped from the same height? An example would be dropping two different weighted bowling balls from 5 metres.

!!!This will be edited every week with the new question a tally of your CR!!!
Touched by Putin
signature
Touched by Putin
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 18/4/2012, 6:35 pm
Onesimus
Ok guys I will be counting up your credits tomorrow, then I'll announce the winner. The winner will be pm'ed and they will pick the game credit of their choice. (The tally will be done early so I have time to get the prize)
This competition, will continue.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 19/4/2012, 8:19 pm
mr_wiggles
isnt cellulose the name of the primary cell wall in green plants? Also its the name of this dusty insulation i work with once in a while at my job. (ground up news paper witha fancy name :p)
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 5:22 am
BluE
Yeah I think it's cellulose, unless it's cellulite witch I'm pretty sure is thigh fat on girls...
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 5:45 am
Onesimus
Answer: 90% of mass in a tree is carbon dioxide, (re-construct, however the original source is CO2)the remaining 10% is made up from water and other minor things (minerals)

Tally:

M: 3cr +1+3 =7cr !!! Your The Winner!!!
Mr Wiggles: 4cr +1 =5cr
BluE: 3cr +1 +1 =5cr
BlizzardVet:3cr + 2cr =5cr
swoop: sorry I'm guessing that is a joke, unfortunately I don't always get english humour...

QUESTION FOR THIS WEEK

If someone shot a bullet (parallel to the ground) at the same time that some one dropped a bullet from the same hight [As bullet A that's shot from the gun] would both bullet A and bullet B hit the ground at the same time?
MotionM Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 4:34 pm
MotionM
No. The force of the hammer on the A gun as it shoots sends more force than the B gun bullet that is dropped that has no force factor besides gravity affecting it.
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 5:36 pm
BluE
No, for the exact same reasons that M has stated above...? Though it's actually the gas released from the gun that propels the bullet, not the hammer. The hammer hits the primer which sparks the gunpowder that asplodes.
Also, when you drop something, it has a bit of hang time before gravity affects it.
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 6:20 pm
mr_wiggles
yes, in theory they would, because of the force of gravity.
MotionM Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 8:13 pm
MotionM
@Blue, Yeah you're right. Razz But you know what I meant lol

@Gemini: But wouldn't the one from the gun have more force added or would they all equal out eventually?

@Onesimus: Is there any distance involved?
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 8:58 pm
BluE
....that's wiggles....not gemini....
@wiggles; If I threw something at the ground, wouldn't it hit the ground faster because of the added force..?
MotionM Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 9:11 pm
MotionM
Sorry. D:
I've been talking to Gemini more than Wiggles. Plus Gemini's green and Wiggles Green got me confused.
Sponsored content Re: The Apple Tree Competition 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled