PLAY with CODES
PLAY with PROJECTS
keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should I run this competition?

The Apple Tree Competition - Page 7 Empty100%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 7 Empty 100% [ 1 ]
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 7 Empty0%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 7 Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Touched by Putin
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 7 Empty The Apple Tree Competition

Onesimus

Onesimus
Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
^,^
To All members of the underground!
I would like to hold an official competition between the members of Gameface101.
On this thread every week I will post a general logic/ knowledge question.
For one week all participants will have a chance to discus and argue their opinions bellow.
Once you have made up you'r mind post "ANSWER: 'place final answer here.'" (please be specific)
The people with the correct answer will receive credit. For actively discussing you will also receive credit. You could always use Google but that ruins the fun Smile
At the end of the week I will post the answer, and a tally of everyone's credit rating.
Every three weeks I will send the user with the most credit $10AU worth of game credit
(RP, or any other such game credits)

If you have any Questions please ask. Also please vote in the poll as to whether I should run this competition? If you have suggestions post below Smile

!!!Post Segment of FAME!!!
(Past Competition winners that have shown an acute and up to date knowledge of science trivia)

-MotionM
-Mr_wiggles

Last Tri-week comp WINNER: MotionM
This Tri-week comp winner: Mr_wiggles

Tally:

MotionM: 0cr
Mr wiggles: 1cr For Discussion
BluE: 3cr Best Answer
GameFace: 2cr Correct Answer
BlizzardVet: 0cr

Announcement
Unfortunately the prize money scheme will have to stop for some time.

Question for This Week:
Why do two objects with the same shape and size but different weight hit the ground at the same time if dropped from the same height? An example would be dropping two different weighted bowling balls from 5 metres.

!!!This will be edited every week with the new question a tally of your CR!!!
Touched by Putin
signature
Touched by Putin
BliZZvET Re: The Apple Tree Competition 16/5/2012, 12:50 am
BliZZvET
They are just falling around earth at the same speed the space ship is, because of gravity, that is why it gives the apparent look that they are weightless when orbiting earth. Its not because of some stupid guess like "Because there is vacuum in space they aren't affected by gravity" or something like that, because a vacuum is simply just the absence of air, not the absence of gravity because gravity is a force. There are also a ton of explanations and reasons why we don't just float around but that is the easiest explanation.
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 16/5/2012, 2:57 am
Onesimus
@ Blue there are no rules regarding searching up the question however it takes away the fun and the challenge.
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 18/5/2012, 8:01 am
Onesimus
Answer: Astronauts are always falling which is why they seem to be weightless, this is because they are falling to the earth, then they gain enough speed to resist the pulling force and distance them from earth, at what stage they are once again pulled toward the earth, repeating the process. If you have any questions post below.
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 18/5/2012, 4:18 pm
mr_wiggles
so basically they are falling but that falling is what drives them in the circular motion around the planet?
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 18/5/2012, 4:21 pm
mr_wiggles
that question reminds me of the multiverse theory, that given the odds of the big bang to happen is rare, but say there is a large number of universes with the same odds of creating a big bang it would be bound to happen eventually.
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 27/5/2012, 1:07 am
Onesimus
Tally has been refreshed.
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 28/5/2012, 4:37 pm
mr_wiggles
Announcement
Unfortunately the prize money scheme will have to stop for some time, I currently don't have a job or any other consistent form of profit so yeah, sorry guys. Of you loose interest in this competition I will totally understand.

Question: The sun gets its energy from fusion, breaking down atoms and converting them into hydrogen to burn as fuel.
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 28/5/2012, 5:24 pm
BluE
@wiggles; Daniel Pink?
I watched that in G&T class *puts on glasses*.

Also, the sun doesn't make things into hydrogen. It gets hydrogen (4) and make it into 1 helium atom in the process of burning and making energy. The helium will eventually cause the sun to form a red giant because it is less dense
G@MeF@Ce Re: The Apple Tree Competition 29/5/2012, 4:12 am
G@MeF@Ce
E = mc2 geek

nuclear fusion baby ~

gravitational pulling of protons smashing into hydrogen then helium nuclei releasing that positron/neutrino shine ^,^

sunny

Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 3/6/2012, 5:37 am
Onesimus
Answer: The sun consists of protons, usually the protons would repel from each other because their magnetic fields are of the same charge. However in the sun the protons travel so fast they cant avoid collision. When protons due collide they lose mass, this mass is converted to energy. 4300, 000, 000kg of mass is lost every second by the sun through this process. the famous equation for this process is E=MC(squared) which stands for Energy=Mass*Constant(squared) the constant of the universe is the speed of light.
Sponsored content Re: The Apple Tree Competition 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled