PLAY with CODES
PLAY with PROJECTS
keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should I run this competition?

The Apple Tree Competition - Page 5 Empty100%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 5 Empty 100% [ 1 ]
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 5 Empty0%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 5 Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Touched by Putin
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 5 Empty The Apple Tree Competition

Onesimus

Onesimus
Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
^,^
To All members of the underground!
I would like to hold an official competition between the members of Gameface101.
On this thread every week I will post a general logic/ knowledge question.
For one week all participants will have a chance to discus and argue their opinions bellow.
Once you have made up you'r mind post "ANSWER: 'place final answer here.'" (please be specific)
The people with the correct answer will receive credit. For actively discussing you will also receive credit. You could always use Google but that ruins the fun Smile
At the end of the week I will post the answer, and a tally of everyone's credit rating.
Every three weeks I will send the user with the most credit $10AU worth of game credit
(RP, or any other such game credits)

If you have any Questions please ask. Also please vote in the poll as to whether I should run this competition? If you have suggestions post below Smile

!!!Post Segment of FAME!!!
(Past Competition winners that have shown an acute and up to date knowledge of science trivia)

-MotionM
-Mr_wiggles

Last Tri-week comp WINNER: MotionM
This Tri-week comp winner: Mr_wiggles

Tally:

MotionM: 0cr
Mr wiggles: 1cr For Discussion
BluE: 3cr Best Answer
GameFace: 2cr Correct Answer
BlizzardVet: 0cr

Announcement
Unfortunately the prize money scheme will have to stop for some time.

Question for This Week:
Why do two objects with the same shape and size but different weight hit the ground at the same time if dropped from the same height? An example would be dropping two different weighted bowling balls from 5 metres.

!!!This will be edited every week with the new question a tally of your CR!!!
Touched by Putin
signature
Touched by Putin
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 20/4/2012, 10:26 pm
Onesimus
@MotionM The distance involved is that the bullet shot from the gun is shot and gradually descends to the ground, where as the bullet dropped reaches its terminal velocity, falling directly to the ground. However the speed of the bullet being shot is greater than terminal velocity. That's about all I can say. Very Happy
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 21/4/2012, 1:14 pm
mr_wiggles
Answer: gravity has the same force pulling down on the bullet. So if you shoot one parallel to the ground and then drop one the same height, they will hit the ground at the same time because gravity is applying equal force on both objects. The only difference is that the bullet from the gun is travailing with a horizontal speed (being fired) and a vertical speed (gravity). It would be different if say the bullet shot was shot at the ground.
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 21/4/2012, 5:59 pm
BluE
OH! The bullet is being shot parallel to the ground. I thought it was directly at the ground.. Well if it's being shot parallel to the ground, both will hit at the same time from gravity..I think anyway. You'd have to have super good timing
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 29/4/2012, 7:09 am
Onesimus
Answer: Both bullets hit the ground at the same time, because gravity affects them both in the same way with the same force.

Tally:

M: 1cr
Mr Wiggles: 1cr+3cr for best anwser
BluE:1cr+2cr
BlizzardVet: -

This Weeks Question:

If two cars (car A and car B) were both travelling at 100km/h, and collided with each other head on, what would be the force felt by car A.(part B of this question)What would be the force on car A if it collided with a stationary wall, travelling at 100km/h.

HINT
Spoiler:

mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 29/4/2012, 12:26 pm
mr_wiggles
Answer: 100 km for both crashing head on into a wall and head on into another car. With the brick wall you have the 100 km of force on the car because the car moving forward stops instantly. When the cars hits another vehicle traveling the same speed but in the opposite direction almost the same effect of hitting the wall is happening, but instead of hitting a stationary wall, the cars have equal forces applying against them, so one sorta acts like a stationary object.
BliZZvET Re: The Apple Tree Competition 29/4/2012, 8:08 pm
BliZZvET
I have a good general idea of the answer, but im in class so ill get back to it later Smile
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 1/5/2012, 3:02 am
BluE
If car A and B are traveling @ 100kmph and they hit each other head on the force felt by each car would be 200kmph?
For hitting the wall (provided that the wall doesn't break) the car would feel 100kmph of force because of its own acceleration (the wall isn't running at you). The car actually wouldn't stop instantly as the shape of the wall would momentarily shift as the force of the car is evened out.
With the two cars hitting each other, the rate of deceleration would be greater because there is something forcing the car the other way instead of merely stopping them (like how jet planes reverse when landing to slow down faster).
G@MeF@Ce Re: The Apple Tree Competition 2/5/2012, 7:43 pm
G@MeF@Ce
@1z - You have been recognized as a community member and will be rewarded 500 credits for starting the Apple Tree Competition! Over 400 hundred views, almost 50 posts, this has turned out to be a great play along for our community. +

It's fun, makes us think, and look forward to the next challenges...

^,^

Master of Diceaster?
no dice:

@the two cars ~ are they identical?
answer:
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 4/5/2012, 6:05 am
Onesimus
@ :gameface: It really means a lot to receive some feed back so thank you very much I really appreciate it. Also keep up the good work on the forum, it has really improved since I joined and I hope it continues doing so.
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 5/5/2012, 7:18 am
Onesimus
Answer: The force felt by car A in the car V car collision is 100km/h, because the amount of force (200km/h) has to be distributed between 2x the mass of a car. When hitting a wall the car A would experience 100km/h of force. If you have any questions post below, I think I might have not explained it clearly....

Tally:

M: 1cr
Mr Wiggles: 4cr+3cr For correct answer & best answer
BluE: 3cr+1cr discussion point
GameFace: +1cr discussion point
BlizzardVet: -

This Weeks Question:

You are running toward an object emitting sound does the sound frequency get higher or lower?
Part B: When you pass the object would the sound frequencies get higher or lower?
PS. You are travelling at a constant speed in a straight line toward (and then from ) the sound emitting object.
Sponsored content Re: The Apple Tree Competition 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled