PLAY with CODES
PLAY with PROJECTS
keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Should I run this competition?

The Apple Tree Competition - Page 8 Empty100%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 8 Empty 100% [ 1 ]
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 8 Empty0%The Apple Tree Competition - Page 8 Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Touched by Putin
The Apple Tree Competition - Page 8 Empty The Apple Tree Competition

Onesimus

Onesimus
Touched by Putin
Touched by Putin
^,^
To All members of the underground!
I would like to hold an official competition between the members of Gameface101.
On this thread every week I will post a general logic/ knowledge question.
For one week all participants will have a chance to discus and argue their opinions bellow.
Once you have made up you'r mind post "ANSWER: 'place final answer here.'" (please be specific)
The people with the correct answer will receive credit. For actively discussing you will also receive credit. You could always use Google but that ruins the fun Smile
At the end of the week I will post the answer, and a tally of everyone's credit rating.
Every three weeks I will send the user with the most credit $10AU worth of game credit
(RP, or any other such game credits)

If you have any Questions please ask. Also please vote in the poll as to whether I should run this competition? If you have suggestions post below Smile

!!!Post Segment of FAME!!!
(Past Competition winners that have shown an acute and up to date knowledge of science trivia)

-MotionM
-Mr_wiggles

Last Tri-week comp WINNER: MotionM
This Tri-week comp winner: Mr_wiggles

Tally:

MotionM: 0cr
Mr wiggles: 1cr For Discussion
BluE: 3cr Best Answer
GameFace: 2cr Correct Answer
BlizzardVet: 0cr

Announcement
Unfortunately the prize money scheme will have to stop for some time.

Question for This Week:
Why do two objects with the same shape and size but different weight hit the ground at the same time if dropped from the same height? An example would be dropping two different weighted bowling balls from 5 metres.

!!!This will be edited every week with the new question a tally of your CR!!!
Touched by Putin
signature
Touched by Putin
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 3/6/2012, 6:00 am
BluE
....no...the sun is made of hydrogen that converts to helium...I know this is right cos I attended a lecture by a physicist..
mr_wiggles Re: The Apple Tree Competition 3/6/2012, 8:03 pm
mr_wiggles
Answer: Objects reach terminal velocity which is the max speed you can fall at. With out the other variables like surface area for wind drag all you have is the pull of gravity on the object.
BluE Re: The Apple Tree Competition 3/6/2012, 8:47 pm
BluE
Terminal velocity is different for different things. EG, an ant can't die from a fall because it's terminal velocity is so low.
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 4/6/2012, 2:50 am
Onesimus
BluE wrote:....no...the sun is made of hydrogen that converts to helium...I know this is right cos I attended a lecture by a physicist..

yes however the part of that process that produces' energy is the two protons joining and releasing mass that is converted to energy.
G@MeF@Ce Re: The Apple Tree Competition 18/7/2012, 2:30 am
G@MeF@Ce
yo 1z - can we continue to play? 0;-)
Onesimus Re: The Apple Tree Competition 19/7/2012, 5:30 am
Onesimus
YES! Sorry for my absence, I should have kept the comp. going through out my holidays.

SO the comp. will start up on Friday Australian time. thus giving me enough time to plan out some mind boggling questions for you guys!!!
Sponsored content Re: The Apple Tree Competition 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled